Profound and outstanding writings are never done by accident.
Purposeful writing is the result of a deliberate attempt of a writer to communicate ideas, impressions or facts, to another person, to make the reader do what the writer intended to achieve.
Copywriting is essentially a form of writing with a purpose, based upon the two principles of:
1. what do I want to do?
2. How do I do it well?
In the same vein, a copywriter needs to understand his purpose of writing in the first instance.
He also need to make adequate use of style, material, organization, arrangement, development, and general coherence to bring forth the desired document that would eventually make the reader do his bidding.
Copywriting, in essence, is the art of writing compelling sales scripts that make so much sense to picked up for reading out of the large arrays of blog posts, emails, sales letters, or webinars and seminar reports.
Copywriting is one of the most effective online marketing tools. It is highly effective in sales letters, blog posts, sales reports, webinar invitations and reports, product or service launch. These are often written in the tone of a conversation between the writer and the reader.
Sales-pitched written materials are strategically set in the most proper way and wordings, to guide the reader into making decisions or taking actions desired by the writer.
Great copywriters simply enjoy the art of writing in a conversational tone with a good understanding of the simple rules of making strong written copies that make the sale without much fuss on the reader.
The first law of success in every attempt is to know oneself and be oneself. Be yourself and try not to become or impersonate another writer, which you probably may never be.
Avoid the use of high-sounding words, flowery sentences, fancy prose and clichés that tend to show that you are clever. Ability to write in a conversational tone sets the pace, while the art of knowing what to say, when to say it, and how to say it finishes off the task.
Once this craft is learnt well and perfected, every line and paragraph you produce would be powerful and effective enough to convince the reader to make the desired decision.
1. A strong and compelling headline. The headline must catch the readers’ attention. The vital essence of the headline is to get the first sentence of the material read. A compelling headline stirs up the interest and attention of the reader to decide to read further. Reading further leads to reading the entire article way down to the point of offer and the decision to take up the offer – the sale. Headlines that grab your readers’ attention and force them to keep on reading.
2. A powerful lead. A strong and effective opening of the paragraph, so irresistible, that your reader will want to buy what you’re selling after reading the first two paragraphs or pages.
3. Body should focus on the benefit to the reader. It is so crucial; “speak” directly to your reader and show that you truly care about his or her worries, needs, and wants.
4. Your writing should make a promise to the reader, a promise that would be fulfilled.
5. Close sales. Knowing how every successful letter needs to be structured, copywriting is the surest way to lead your reader to the sale.
Copywriting is a powerful tool for direct-marketing, whereby letters and other forms of mails and presentations are produced to request for prompt and specific action, asking for immediate and clear-cut decision. Companies, not-profit organizations, political organizations and social or educational associations use the direct response approach to sell their products, services and ideas.
Direct-response marketing allows companies market directly to the people and organizations through letters and emails, urging them to subscribe to websites, emails, landing pages, discussion boards and forums. Information is equally shared through social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler, and Pinterest.Most of these sales efforts are conducted by copywriting.
Please, leave your comment below, and share this post with friends.
Get paid giving books free to friends and colleagues at, click below:
Do share this post with friends!